Double Smoked Ham
Everyone loves a smoked ham. No matter the occasion - Christmas, Easter, or anytime in between - there's just something comforting and mouthwatering about this favorite. Double smoking a ham adds an extra layer of intense flavor, while allowing us to customize the ham to our exact liking. It's quick, easy, and tons of fun!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: approx 1.5 hrs
- Whole spiral cut smoked ham
- Honey-based rub
1. Prepare a 225-250 degree charcoal fire with smoking wood (pecan or hickory).
2. Remove ham from package and reserve honey power packet for end.
3. Place in foil pan and brush with melted butter and coat with honey-based rub.
4. Place ham on indirect heat for approx 1.5 hours. Note: the ham is already cooked, so you are just getting smoke into it.
5. Once the color is mahogany and the slices are separating, remove ham and brush with included honey powder packet mixture.
6. Place back on grill for 10-15 mins to set glaze. Remove and rest for 10 mins.